Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • craig495
    Post count: 1

    Hi all – new to this whole world, and terribly excited. It’s always been a dream of mine to help a couple have a child.

    I’ve talked to some lawyers and it sounds like there is no real way to be protected against child support unless sperm is donated through a doctor. Are there any ways around this? I already have a couple close to home that is interested but the costs, time, and legal jargon are driving us crazy! It looks like mailing sperm and doing things without a doctor are pretty common here.

    I don’t think that the couple would take me to court, but at the same time I have to be a realist. A substantial number of marriages end in divorce and there is always the possibility that I could be hit up for child support some time. What’s a guy to do?

    Post count: 4

    I can only speak for the laws in New York State, but child support laws are fairly uniform throughout the states. In New York, a custodial parent cannot fully waive child support, as it is a right of the child and not the parent. Your best bet would be to have your parental rights legally terminated, which really should involve a lawyer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.