Sydney Sperm Donors.....

When you want a baby, sometimes there are no other options than going the "sperm donors way". By law, sperm donors in Australia must provide identifying information. So intended parents who want a baby through donor conception can look for sperm donors in a sperm bank.

by Colette » 21 Jun 2010

Hi there fellow friends that want to be a parent but are struggling with finding the 'other half'.

I am just wondering how this all works...say I find someone and we 'connect'....what costs are involved....assume I cover all IUI costs or what not.....but do donors charge for 'the goods' as it were?

Thanks so much....

by John09 » 22 Jun 2010

Hi Colette
a) It is illegal for donors to charge for sperm. However, if he has to travel to you dinner and a glass of red and a chat would be civilised. Occasionally I have been offered petrol money and I accept as I feel it would be rude to refuse but I have never asked for any reimbursemant.
b) Some donor want to transfer the sperm directly (NI=sex). Most, like myself, hand the sperm over in a bottle and the woman or her partner sucks it up in a 5ml syringe and squirts it where it needs to go.
If you want more advice contact me.
John

Return to CoParents and Sperm Donors in Australia

Are you looking for a Sperm Donor or Co-Parenting?

REGISTER NOW