sperm shipment

Looking for a US sperm donor, or want to be a sperm donor yourself? Then you might wonder whether you should get help from a sperm bank. Yet going to a sperm bank may feel safer, both for the sperm donor and the future parent(s). There is no best way to search in the USA.

by rainbo » 15 Mar 2012

Can anyone explain to me the logistics of sperm shipment. Also, how does one go about confirming the donor's STD-free status, or that the male's self-proclaimed qualities are legitimate. I'd appreciate any answers.
rainbo

by Derek27 » 17 Mar 2012

Shipping via the online popular 'DIY kits' does not work, lol. You can have a fertility clinic ship fozen and properly stored samples using specific containers and hardware - they usually will only send it to another clinic or doctor's office. Per regulations, safety, etc.

As far as verifying STD/health status, I'd ask for a updated STD test panel with their name and date on it and obviously make sure it's from a legit lab or clinic. I get mine via Labcorp or my doctor' office.
You can have someone scan and email it to you or snail mail a copy.

It's highly advised and totally reasonable that you should require a standard health and STD panel test results before accepting a donor.
Again, unless you utilize a clinic, a known in person donor would provide the donation right then and there - either AI or NI...I know some people think there is some other magical/ online ordering way to become pregnant and that everything is at a click of a mouse, :lol: , yet this is not one of those things.

Sorry, blame Mother Nature..babies only happen by generally very specific ways.
Some lesbian couples I have assisted seem to think it's like ordering something off amazon. If only it were that simple.

My advice is trust your instinct and if a donor can't provide the basic minimum documented health tests beforehand, then you may need to expand your search.
Having said that, I wouldn't put much faith in the at home shipping kit nonsense either.

Yes, getting pregnant either requires a lab/clinic method or on site fresh samples. Sorry, just the way it is :D

Return to Sperm Donors in USA

Are you looking for a Sperm Donor or Co-Parenting?

REGISTER NOW