Child Support

Browse through the ever-growing list of discussions all about co-parenting in the USA and abroad. We are proud to have created the number one online community for co-parenting prospects in America. Click on any on the discussions that appeals to you and learn about our user's co-parenting plans and desires.

by Craig495      .      20 Mar 2018

Hi all - new to this whole world, and terribly excited. It's always been a dream of mine to help a couple have a child.

I've talked to some lawyers and it sounds like there is no real way to be protected against child support unless sperm is donated through a doctor. Are there any ways around this? I already have a couple close to home that is interested but the costs, time, and legal jargon are driving us crazy! It looks like mailing sperm and doing things without a doctor are pretty common here.

I don't think that the couple would take me to court, but at the same time I have to be a realist. A substantial number of marriages end in divorce and there is always the possibility that I could be hit up for child support some time. What's a guy to do?

1 post Replies

Craig495 on 20 Mar 2018

Hi all - new to this whole world, and terribly excited. It's always been a dream of mine to help a couple have a child.

I've talked to some lawyers and it sounds like there is no real way to be protected against child support unless sperm is donated through a doctor. Are there any ways around this? I already have a couple close to home that is interested but the costs, time, and legal jargon are driving us crazy! It looks like mailing sperm and doing things without a doctor are pretty common here.

I don't think that the couple would take me to court, but at the same time I have to be a realist. A substantial number of marriages end in divorce and there is always the possibility that I could be hit up for child support some time. What's a guy to do?

doval on 06 Apr 2018

I can only speak for the laws in New York State, but child support laws are fairly uniform throughout the states. In New York, a custodial parent cannot fully waive child support, as it is a right of the child and not the parent. Your best bet would be to have your parental rights legally terminated, which really should involve a lawyer.

Return to CoParents in USA

CoParents and Free Sperm Donors

CoParents.com is a social media platform aimed at providing a common ground to free sperm donors and wishful Co-Parenting to find suitable matches.
    Simple Search! All you need to do is register your personal needs and then browse through our comprehensive database of profiles.

At CoParents.com, we understand the human desire to borne a child and ensure that our members are able to find suitable matches as per their prerequisites. With over 100,000 registrations, we have members from USA, UK, Australia... as well as Canada, and can safely say that we are one of the most comprehensive databases of our kind.

Are you looking for a Sperm Donor or Co-Parenting?

REGISTER NOW